The communications industry is weathering transformational changes driven by heightened customer expectations, new digital entrants, increased requirements in capital expenditure, commoditization, regulatory complexity, and more. With new technology opportunities and a growing re-fragmentation, communications & connectivity providers are playing a crucial role in keeping the world connected. In addition, investors are highly focused on building the digital infrastructure to enhance communications capabilities—fiber, towers, data centers, 5G—but their confidence relies on companies securing the right leadership for this era of rapid change and opportunity.
Who We Are
- Egon Zehnder’s Communications & Connectivity consultants are former industry executives with experience working for communications services providers, telecom network equipment providers and alike.
- Our global reach and integrated approach empower us to tap into colleagues across the Firm to find and develop executives from consumer, digital, finance, manufacturing, software, and other industries who can bring fresh perspectives and unique skill sets. We also know how to position our telco industry partners to stand out in a fiercely competitive talent market.
- We have one global P&L. We are incentivized to collaborate and harness the power of our entire Firm’s resources to ensure our clients’ success.
- We believe Communications & Connectivity will remain increasingly relevant as it permeates every industry and will be at the heart of companies’ development, providing a new array of services and fueling growth. Additionally, it already plays a decisive role regarding cloud usage, virtualization, 5G, Internet of Things, M2M, and more.
- Our consultants work across the entire telecoms value chain—from investors to services providers, from network equipment to mobile devices—as well as across practice groups when appropriate.
What We Do
- At Egon Zehnder, our Communications & Connectivity Practice Group partners with clients to solve to their most complex sustainability challenges to build teams that will contribute to environmental quality, long-term economic prosperity, and improved social equity.
- We have partnered with many of the world's top 100 telecom companies to help them build the boards and high-performing leadership teams they need to drive innovation and manage change at scale.
- Hundreds of telcos, service providers, and device companies have worked with Egon Zehnder to manage their succession plans over the past decade. We also work closely with digital infrastructure investors to build new teams from scratch and assess leadership suites—both pre- and post-deal. Newly molded leadership teams encompass tech know-how, entrepreneurial verve, training in dealing with public bodies, and the capacity to navigate a complex regulatory environment.
- We also recognize that the focus must shift from individuals to outstanding teams, composed of exceptional managers with complementary talents, which is why our leadership solutions reach across the organization. We assess organizational structure, culture, and leadership capabilities and chart paths to new business models and more competitive positions.
We look forward to helping you transform your organization.