On May 1st, 2019, Egon Zehnder's Dallas office hosted its annual Leaders & Daughters event at Mirador. The event brought together an intimate group of high-powered men and women along with their daughters and mentees to share and discuss the motivations and challenges confronting the next generation of professional women. A few highlights from the discussion are:
- Be courageous in both your actions and your words so that the example you set has a positive impact on those around you.
- Allow yourself to fail and be vulnerable. It’s in some of our toughest moments that we learn the most and develop a sense of empathy.
- Recognize that every person you meet has a unique gift. Connect with people in ways that allow you to learn from their gifts – and uncover your own gift.
- Lead in ways that women are treated and evaluated on what they contribute, not on an attribute.
- Be a source of energy, honesty and constant growth.